Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia
Health & Welfare and Pension Funds
Your medical network provider is Anthem BlueCross BlueShield.
Locate a Participating Provider
To find a participating provider, you may call Anthem BlueCross BlueShield at 800-810-2583 and choose option 2, then option 1 on the automated system. You may also visit their website at www.anthem.com and follow the steps below.
- On the right hand side of the page, click on “Find a Doctor or Hospital” under “Useful Tools”.
- In the column titled “Search as a Member”, enter the prefix “TJA” in the field “Identification number or alpha prefix (first three letters)”;
- On the following screen, you can narrow your search criteria by specialty, zip code or name, then click “Search”.
Change to Network
Effective January 1, 2018, Augusta Health Care no longer participates in the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield network. Listed below are alternative providers in the area:
- Sentara - Rockingham 2010 Health Campus Dr Harrisonburg Virginia 22801
- University of Virginia - 1215 Lee Street Charlottesville Virginia 22908
- Sentara - Martha Jefferson 500 Martha Jefferson Drive Charlottesville Virginia 22911
- Carilion - Stonewall Jackson 1 Health Circle Lexington Virginia 24450
- Page Memorial - 200 Memorial Drive Luray Virginia 22835
- Bath County - 106 Park Drive Hot Springs Virginia 24445
- Centra - Virginia Baptist 3300 Rivermont Avenue Lynchburg Virginia 24503
- Centra - Lynchburg General 1901 Tate Springs Road Lynchburg Virginia 24501
- HCA - Lewis Gale Alleghany 1 Arn Lane Low Moor Virginia 24457
- Novant Health - UVA Culpeper 501 Sunset Lane Culpeper Virginia 22701
- Valley Health - Shenandoah 759 South Main Street Woodstock Virginia 22664
- Carilion - Bedford Memorial 1613 Oakwood Street Bedford Virginia 24523
Office Visit Benefit
All charges incurred within the confines of an in-network doctor’s office are subject to the co-pay, with the exception of allergy injections. High cost services such as chemotherapy and surgery, are included.
One Co-pay Per Day
Only one co-pay is applicable if you are seen by multiple doctors the same day. If a specialist is seen, the higher co-pay will apply.
In-Network Out-Patient Lab Benefit
All in-network out-patient lab work is paid at 100%.
Specific Preventative Care Procedures Paid at 100%
In-network out-patient routine mammography, colonoscopy, EKG and bone density (under medical guidelines only) are all paid at 100% to promote early detection and wellness.
Medical ID Card Request
To request an Anthem BlueCross BlueShield identification card, click here.
To submit an out-of-network claim, download the form by clicking here. You must also attach an itemized statement with the claim. Your provider can supply you with the required information you will need for filing. Be sure the participant and patient information is listed correctly on the claim form and that it includes the identification number on the participant's medical insurance card. Also keep in mind that you are submitting your claim manually instead of electronically and it may take 6-8 weeks to arrive for consideration.
For your convenience, listed below are several local BlueCross BlueShield addresses below. If you need the mailing address for an area not listed, please contact the Fund Office.
|Local BCBS Office||Address||City, St Zip|
|Anthem BCBS||P.O. Box 27401||Richmond, VA 23279|
|Trigon BCBS of Roanoke||P.O. Box 13047||Roanoke, VA 24045|
|BCBS of North Carolina||5901 Chapel-Hill Durham Blvd||Durham, NC 27702|
|BCBS of Georgia||P.O. Box 4445||Atlanta, GA 30302-4445|
|BCBS of Tennessee||801 Pine St||Chattanooga, TN 37402|
|Trigon Blue Cross Blue Shield Maryland||10455 Mill Run Circle||Owings Mill, MD 21117|
The calendar year deductible, co-pays, coinsurance, and other coverage amounts differ by plan.
For more specific information regarding your medical benefits, consult your Schedule of Benefits.
For information regarding claims processing and payments, click here.